66 Shadows
audiolover

D.G. ~Shameless Reader~

Audiobook Review: Double Cross

Double Cross - Carolyn Crane

Thank you for confirming my distrust in humanity!

The ending of this book catapulted it to 4-stars. Before that, I had been grumbling at Justine's rosy way of thinking and how she trusted that everything would work out alright if only she did the right thing, which I think it's utter baloney. Sometimes doing the right thing is difficult BECAUSE there's a big risk things would turn out wrong, just like it happened at the end of this book.

I'm really looking forward to Justine discovering the price of her naivete. I really don't mind people that are positive and think the best of others but it drove me mad how she would take a big risk with the secrets of others. It's one thing to leave yourself vulnerable because you think it's right, it's another to expose other people!

I have to confess though that even I was surprised at how low the villain stooped. I mean, I never liked him and I knew he had it in him to (view spoiler)

Ms. Wisocky does a great job portraying Justine but her voices for men are a bit weird sometimes. It takes a while to get used to her style but once you do, the narration flows seamlessly.

I've already started the third book. I can't wait to see how it ends!

Review of audiobook version narrated by Rebecca Wisocky.