66 Shadows
40 Shadowing
audiolover

D.G. ~Shameless Reader~

The end still gives me shivers

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd: A Hercule Poirot Mystery - Robin Bailey, Agatha Christie

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd is my favorite book by Agatha Christie so I've read it several times. This is my first time listening to the audio so I'll start my review with my thoughts on the narration.

Robin Bailey did a good job with the narration except for Poirot's voice which was just average: the voice was deeper and his French accent wasn't as heavy as I've seen it portrayed by others. A few times where Poirot was speaking, I couldn't tell it was him. The rest of the characters however, were really well done.

As Miss Caroline was the inspiration for Miss Marple, I had a lot of fun seeing the birth of a famous character. In fact, this book had a lot of similarities to Murder at the Vicarage, Miss Marple's first book, including the funny asides of the narrator of the story (Dr. Sheppard in this one and the Vicar in Miss Marple's book) regarding the inhabitants of the village.

This series doesn't need to be read in order but to really enjoy the clever plot of this book, I suggest you read at least one of the previous books in the series because they support the setup for this book.