66 Shadows
40 Shadowing
audiolover

D.G. ~Shameless Reader~

Characters are younger than their age

Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine, Eden Riegel

This book is a cute take on the Cinderella’s story. Although the characters are in their adolescence, they behave as if they were younger so this book is clearly for children - at some point, Ella and the prince are alone and after some dancing and talking, they decide to slide down the banister…I'm sure that wouldn’t have been most teenagers’ choice entertainment if they had been alone with a handsome prince. :)

It took me a while to get used to the narrator because she sounded more 12 than 15 (which is how old Ella is supposed to be.) There was music to underscore important moments which was also distracting at first because sometimes it was a loud as the voices. Once you get used to it though, it’s very pleasant.

Overall, a cute read and a really good audiobook to listen with young girls (I don't think boys would be interested). But if you are looking for a grown up read, this book may not be for you.