66 Shadows
40 Shadowing
audiolover

D.G. ~Shameless Reader~

Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins, Kim Mai Guest This book was definitely NOT for me.You see, I usually avoid contemporary YA books set in high school but the France thing threw me off. But at the end of the day, this is really about a group of kids in high school with the requisite cliques, public hysterics, name calling and wondering 'does he like me?' a million times a day.I have experiences in common with Anna - I went away to school very young and the other students were in way better financial situation that I was, I also moved to country where I barely spoke the language - but my reaction was so different that I cannot relate to her. I was too busy actually studying and acclimating to my new country that I didn't have time for whining. At 17, I was already in college for 2 years so the behavior of these kids was sometimes baffling. I couldn't believe that some of them were so risk-averse. If you are scared to death to take chances at 18, I can only imagine what would happen when you're 40!I didn't like a lot of things about Anna but I HATED that she was a book snob - at some point, she apologized to St. Clair because of the books her father wrote. Give me a break. If millions of people enjoy his books/movies is not your place to judge, you stupid git.The narration was very good. Kim Mai Guest did a great job with the accents - St. Clair sounded specially yummy.To be sure, I enjoyed some parts but it's definitely not my thing. I'm not sure I'll read the next book.