66 Shadows
40 Shadowing
audiolover

D.G. ~Shameless Reader~

Really good mystery with an amazing cast of characters

Monkeewrench - P.J. Tracy, Buck Schirner

Monkeewrench is a really good mystery with an amazing cast of characters. I think I liked everybody but Grace. The book didn't get 5 stars because I figured out the murderer from the beginning. :)

The narrator was really good. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like him (he has a bit of a gravely voice) but once the book got underway, I realized he was a great choice. More than 80% of the characters in the book are male and he did an awesome job with the different voices.

I loved how this book portrayed the cops as human beings. Sometimes on TV, cops are portrayed as hard a-holes thisclose of becoming homicidal maniacs but it was nice to see some of them as normal people with families, concerns, etc.

The humor in this book was really refreshing. It didn't take away from the horror of the murders but it gave some levity to some of the personal conversations, which I think everybody (the cops and the readers) needed.

All in all, a very good book and I'm definitely looking forward to the next in the series.